Kratom belongs to the same family which coffee belongs to. The leaf has a compound named Mitragynine which is named after Mitragynia speciosa. It has become more popular in Canada and Unites states recently. You could refer that site which says about Kratom. Feel free to visit http://wikihow.com/. It is used in moderation by locals for many decades.
Growing Kratom on your own
The best idea is to buy a cutting piece of a Kratom plant and grow it using all the standard procedures. You can make more plants once your first plant is matured enough to have more cuttings. Please ensure to use a very clean knife and cut a good branch piece and follow the same growing procedure again to get best results. Keep the cuttings in a separate place till it starts fresh roots and then replace the same in a different pot which is having good fertilized soil.
Points to be noted when growing Kratom Plant
1. There are many books on Kratom growing methods and some books are very interesting and have good information. We have to treat the plants like our babies. They need good food and good vibes for growing healthy. They also require good sleep and do have memories like human beings.
2. Normally plants generate some type of chemicals with them to protect themselves. These chemicals either defend or compete with one another, even if they are related or not related. This particular quality of exhibiting different behaviors is very useful for human beings.
3. Plants behavior has exceptions depending on which species they are. They also contain electricity just like humans. Plants which have memories of bad vibes and abuse will not grow well. If you want to have a good harvest you should always remember that plants are very responsive and alive.
4. Plants love water and sunshine. They thrive well in tropical climates. You need rich, fluffy and dark organic sand that drains well, to be a good gardener. Along with sunshine and water they need your attention, love and patience to become happy and healthy plants.
5. You could use rock dust which has minerals that are good for your plant. Rock dust is full of multi vitamins which can boost the overall health of your plant and make it resistant to pests. Always water your plant when the soil starts to dry out.
6. Kratom needs perfect light for healthy growth. It is highly recommended to use HPS or LED light for Kratom plants, but fluorescent bulbs work good too, which is less in cost. You should always maintain an ideal temperature which is 75 – 90 degree Fahrenheit.
With all the right conditions you would never go wrong in growing your own Kratom plant. They do better near your window sill. You need to regularly interact with plants and get connected with them for faster growth. Periodically check the pH levels of soil, if you see any drying or discoloration. If all the above guidelines are followed, you can enjoy seeing a healthy Kratom plant.